Saturday, November 24, 2012

A day to give thanks

One day a year we all give thanks... thanks for our friends and loved ones, thanks for a our health and that of others, thanks for all we have, and like my brother always said "thanks for my bed."

If we were all thankful everyday, the world would be a better place.  I could just be dreaming, too.

This year we spent Thanksgiving at Mimi and Grandaddio's - it's a nice tradition.  We love seeing friends and family and the food and desserts are delicious, too.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year, many folks were not as fortunate.

Now, those of you with children who who know families with children, going  outside the home for an extended amount of time ( more than three hours) can be trying on everyone involved no matter how well planned everyone is or how "child proof" their houses are.   The kids will find something to get into, under, on top of or inside.  They will be too loud, stay up too late, and get up too early.  This is inevitable.

It was a good year. Nothing was broken!  Cement cats were dragged around, blocks and matchbox cars will be found for weeks, and, as I just learned, will even found in the back of a shelf in the refrigerator - I guess it was just chilling out.


For the first time, the MESS OF THE DAY is not at our house... this occurred after thanksgiving dinner.  Today I bring you two messes in 24 hours:


What, mom?  I'm innocent, I can prove it!






 See, Mom?  Daniel dumped out the bag of cheerios!

 I just ate them.  Nothing wrong with that, right? 

Daniel stomped them...  you know, because he wanted to feel them under his feet.

Then it was dessert time in the dining room.
We heard the kids giggling in TV room and thumping - they do love to jump the one step down into the room.  I suppose we could have checked on them more.  No, we SHOULD have...
...but we didn't.


This is what we walked into:







Caught in mid air, Daniel jumped into the pile and his sister roared in laughter.

Now don't let her age (16 months), her stature or those good looks fool you - Amelia was just as guilty of this mess as her brother.

She is as adventurous and daring as her brother, if not more so. 

Her name fits her perfectly.

Today I am thankful that I have these stories to write about and remember.  What are you thankful for?



1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful the mess of the day was at my house. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete