Monday, July 30, 2012

A Birthday Party

It's official, my sweet little girl turned one.

Wasn't it just a couple of months ago she came out to join us?

Wait, was I ever pregnant?  I know I must have been because I have these torn abs that stick out and do not want to heal.  But I digress...I hear about this pregnancy amnesia, but I forgot - or rather, choose not to remember as clearly.

No matter how you look at it though, a calendar year has passed: Four seasons, and another birthday closer to 40.  My beau has just one more year left in grad school.  My sweet boy is two and a half.  And Amelia is one.

I HAVE TWO TODDLERS!!!!!

To celebrate the fact that we all survived with only a few trips to the ER, we had a little party.  Nothing big, nothing fancy, just a few friends and family, some beer, some cheese, some sangria, lots of food, and cake.

We introduced her Godparents.
We confirmed that her name really is Amelia Danger.
We ate cake.
We opened presents from our very generous friends and family.
We watched part of the Olympic opening ceremony and agreed that we just don't get British humor.

But we all love Mr. Bean

We pulled out every blanket we had to fit overnight guests.
We circled the hole in the airbed that happened when the kids were using it as a jumping bed.
We gave up looking for the patch kit.

But we all fell sleep in the end.

We ate fluffy homemade waffles.
We ate leftovers.
We ate cake.

And we hugged, and said our goodbyes.

It's a good thing birthdays are but once a year, but they sure are good reasons to get together.

We loved seeing our friends, being far away from the ones we love is tough, but it will all be worth it.



At least there are smiles.

Lots of smiles.

Happy Birthday little one.

You are loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment