Monday, April 30, 2012

Picky eater vs. Eater of everything

Does your kid everything you put in front of him?

Does he eat anything you put in front of him?

It's funny, you know, my son has always had an eating problem.  We've had an occupational therapist working with him since he was 9 months old and still do.

Picky doesn't describe him - that would be generous.  My son hardly eats anything. I used to be able to get him to eat chicken nuggets, but that is rare.  He drinks pediasure.

Pediasure has the calories and nutrients he needs to get him up to the 50% that he finally is ( from under the charts a year ago.) But how do get him off the pediasure and onto real food?  I wish I had the answer.

However, I have an Ace in my pocket...my daughter.

Our chunkster eats EVERYTHING ( ok, well not everything, she hates peas).  She started crawling this week with food as a motivator.  She wants what is on her tray, my plate, my husbands plate, Daniels plate, what fell on her bib and... what fell on the floor.

When I say she gets into her food, I really mean she gets into it:



Here's what I think:  If Amelia shows Daniel how yummy some things are, and continues to eat well as she eats more and more solid foods, maybe she'll be a good influence on him.  Maybe by watching her eat, it will motivate him to eat as well.

With all ups there are downs.  When I say she eats everything, I mean anything.  I vacuum 2-3 times a day because if I don't she'll find the tiniest of crumbs of anything she can find on the floor and put it in her mouth.

I guess it's better than dirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment