Sunday, January 1, 2012

2Y44D- You're still up? Happy F-n New Year.

It's New Year's Eve.

Bedtime comes and goes for both children.

Amelia, who is normally asleep by 8 is still awake at 10:30.  So is Daniel.

At 10:30, Desperation hits and I take them for a drive.  It took a half an hour.

Beginning an hour before the New Year, I sit on the couch, stay up and watch some "truck free" TV, bring in the new year,   then head to bed.
            
At 3am Big D wakes up and wants some milk.  No problem.

At 3:30 he says "I'm hungry."  Now, my son hardly ever says he's hungry, so I figure he really must be. 

I get up to feed him.  What does he ask for?  Pasta.

Oh no.  I refuse to make pasta at 330, but he's ok with chicken nuggets.

As I write this, it is 5:30am.  A fine time to wake up.  Oh wait - HE'S STILL AWAKE!!

Happy New Year.

UPDATE:

He finally fell asleep at 6am.

At 8am, sleep deprived and all, they both wake up.

When daddy comes home, he gets to watch the kids while I sleep.

Hope he sleeps in the car on the way home.

1 comment: